Brink Constructors is hiring now for the following positions:
Apprentice Lineman – CLOSES May 24, 2019
Journeyman Lineman – CLOSES May 24, 2019
Substation Technician – CLOSES May 24, 2019
Information Technology Lead
- Location: Rapid City, SD
- Salary Range: $65,000 to $80,000 (base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant)
- Job Type: This is a full- time, exempt position.
- Closing Date: position open until filled
- Reporting Relationship: VP/CFO
- Daily support for end users at the Brink Constructors, Inc. main office and field.
- Communicate effectively with all internal technology users and external entities including clients and vendors both orally and in writing.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain email applications or virus protection software.
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Maintain computer networks to enhance performance and user access.
- Implement security measures for computer or information systems.
- Create electronic data backup to prevent loss of information.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge — Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- SUPERVISORY DUTIES: This position oversees and directs duties of IT Professionals. This will include creating the schedule and approving timesheets of those that report to the IT Lead.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, education, business, or a related field or demonstrated successful performance in a similar position.
- A minimum of four (4) years IT support including systems and network administration, desktop and migration experience. Ideal candidate with have familiarity with hardware as well as software and systems tools.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of hardware components and their functions
- Must be able to demonstrate a sound understanding and implementation of general office procedures and protocol.
- Must have above average communication skills and the ability to work well with and lead others as needed.
- Must be self-motivating and able to work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work well and handle stress-related situations in a positive, professional manner.
- Must be able to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Possess efficient time management skills.
- The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract for employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
- Brink Constructors, Inc. offers full time employees 401(k) (employees can immediately start contributing and immediately vested, company matches 100% of the first 3% and 50% of the next 3%), Paid Time Off, paid holidays, company paid long term disability and $50,000 life insurance. We also offer medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Other On-Going Positions
Apprentice Lineman* / Lineman**
Brink lineman and apprentice lineman responsibilities include (but are not limited to): knowing and applying safety procedures; understanding electricity and proper grounding; climbing poles and using aerial platforms (bucket trucks & helicopters); assembling and erecting steel poles and towers; framing, erecting, and guying wood poles; installing insulators and materials; stringing, splicing, deadending, and clipping conductors, installing traveler blocks; and performing any work required of groundmen or operators.
*Apprentice will be trained to operate most equipment
**Note that you must complete a Department of Labor apprenticeship program to be a Journeyman Lineman.
Brink groundmen are responsible for assisting linemen and operators with materials and tools required for construction. They follow safety procedures, work with hand tools, and prepare trucks with material and tools for the day's work.Complete Online Application
Brink operators are responsible for effectively and safely operating and performing daily maintenance on heavy equipment. This may include (but is not limited to) cranes, bucket trucks, diggers, trenchers, skid steers, and wire pullers.Complete Online Application
Complete Online Application
If you wish to download and mail an application instead of submitting your information online, please download our printable application.